Our skin is made up of numerous cells and glands that keep it healthy and moist. It has both sweat and oil-producing glands. Acne is the result of blockage of these oil-producing glands that are concentrated in the facial, chest, upper back, and neck region.
Most people prefer to take a non-chemical approach to this problem as this problem can normally be controlled through natural means. Ayurvedic treatment for acne follows this approach and ensures to work on the root cause of this issue and thereby ensures long term elimination and relief to the patient.
Best Acne Treatment in Ayurveda
Ayurveda treats acne by addressing excessive heat and toxins in the body. Aggravation of pitta dosha leads to the accumulation of warm toxins under the skin. These warm toxins then spread across muscles, blood, nutrient plasma and contaminate any part that comes in contact.
Best Ayurvedic Methods For Acne Treatment
Ayurvedic acne removal treatment includes pitta pacifying and toxin eliminating procedures. The process includes multiple diet changes, lifestyle improvements, herbal applications, Panchakarma therapies, and topical treatments. It is a widely accepted approach as it works on a deeper level and eradicates the root cause of acne permanently.
What Is Acne?
Acne or acne vulgaris is an inflammatory skin disease that leaves dark spots, unevenness, and scar-like marks on the skin. Acne is a natural companion of puberty and goes down as the body adjusts to new changes and hormonal rush.
It is common among teenagers and sometimes affects their self-esteem and confidence. It is imperative to address this problem as repeated acne may leave visible scars and spots on the face.
Types of Acne
Acne is differentiated on the basis of discomfort and pain caused by it.
- Non-Inflammatory Acne: Includes whiteheads and blackheads. These heads are visible as minute spots on the nose, forehead, and chin areas. They do not cause any kind of inflammation and swelling.
- Blackheads: These marks appear when a pore gets clogged with dead skin and sebum. The pore’s top remains open while the rest of it stays clogged. These clogged pores look black over the skin’s surface.
- Whiteheads: These heads are formed when the pores are clogged all the way to the top. The top of these pores is closed and they appear like bumps protruding over the skin.
- Inflammatory Acne: These are swollen and red coloured pimples. Deposition of dead skin cells and sebum in skin pores lead to inflammatory acne. Sometimes, it is due to the reaction of bacteria on the skin. Apart from inflammatory acne, bacteria can result in several other severe infections under the skin. It may also leave spots that are not easy to get rid of. Like non-inflammatory acne, these are also divided into three different types:
- Papules: These are small-sized red bumps that are formed when lots of skin cells, oil, and bacteria blocking a skin pore. Papules also appear when the walls of the pores break down due to intense inflammation. It thus results in the formation of clogged, hard pores that are very sensitive to touch.
- Pustules: These are formed whenever the pore walls break down into small pieces. Unlike all others, pustules get filled with pus. They emerge from the skin and are red in colour.
- Nodules: These are located deeper underneath the skin. They cannot be treated with home remedies, so make sure if you have any you visit a doctor. Unlike the others, these are formed way under the skin’s surface.
Causes of Acne
Excess secretion of oil is one of the primary reasons for acne. Several parts of our body like the shoulders, upper back, chest, forehead, and face have over-active oil glands. When these glands start secreting excess oil for various reasons, they come in contact with dirt and bacteria resulting in acne. There are several other factors that contribute to prolonged acne issues:
- Excess production of oil
- Hormonal imbalance
- Too much pollution
- Clogged skin pores due to oil and dead skin cells
- Heredity: if your parents or any close family member had an acne problem, it is possible that you will have similar problems.
- Pressure: Sometimes pressure on the skin like chin straps, helmets, suspenders, or skin fit dresses can also aggravate the acne problem.
- Drugs: A few medications may also worsen the acne problem.
- Occupations: Unwanted or excessive exposure to industrial products like lubricants or oils can also lead to acne problems.
- Diet: Specific dietary factors like complex carbs, junk food, and skimmed milk can also worsen acne.
- Cosmetics: Cosmetics have a tendency to clog the pores and result in lasting side effects. Acne is one of the most common ways the skin tries to tell people to stop or reduce its regular application.
Signs and Symptoms
There are several signs and symptoms of acne:
- Constant whiteheads or blackheads on the skin.
- Small red bumps here and there.
- Pimples with pus at their tips.
- Big, solid, painful lumps beneath the skin.
- Painful, inflammatory pus-filled lumps under the skin surface.
Home Remedies for Acne
There is no end to the home remedies that can treat acne. But remember most of these remedies are just applied over the surface so they work temporarily. If you use them in combination with a deeper treatment like Ayurvedic acne and pimple treatment, it will definitely resolve the problem permanently.
- Start by preparing a mix of coriander seeds, Indian gooseberry, turmeric, basil, and fennel seeds in equal parts. Take half a teaspoon of this mix every day before lunch and dinner.
- Take one teaspoon of amla powder every morning and evening.
- Take a spoon of coriander juice with a pinch of turmeric powder. Drink it twice every day.
Preventions for Acne
- Wash your face whenever you return home from outside. But avoid repeating it more than 2-3 times a day.
- Try not to touch your face often if you are suffering from acne.
- Don’t pop the pimples or scrub them, it will worsen the inflammation and turn it into a wound.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Use oil-free makeup and try to minimize the usage for better results.
- Avoid going out in sun for long hours especially during the peak time of the day.
- Keep your diet healthy and fibre rich.
- Stay away from stress and anxiety, it results in over-production of cortisol which worsens acne.
Why Choose Us For Effective Acne Treatment?
Because the Ayurvedic treatment for acne works on its root cause. Unlike other chemical treatments, it offers an effective and permanent solution for acne and pimples. At Prakash Nethralaya & Panchakarma Kendra, we have a team of experienced Ayurvedic skin experts that handles all kinds of skin problems effectively and efficiently. We have treated over 50, 000 patients from all over the world in the last few years and our family of happy and cured clients keeps growing with every passing day. If you are looking for something similar, we look forward to making you a part of our family.