Psoriasis is a complicated skin problem that doesn’t go away easily. Allopathy resolves this disease with strong medication that only works to subdue the symptoms. Ayurveda, on the other hand, takes a holistic approach while focusing on the root cause of the disease. It promises lasting relief and permanent elimination of psoriasis.
Best Psoriasis Treatment in Ayurveda
Psoriasis is a chronic disease and it destroys two basic energies in the human body called Vata and Kapha. When a large number of toxins get accumulated then psoriasis is one of the results. It can be cured by taking the proper psoriasis treatment in Ayurveda.
Best Ayurvedic Methods For Psoriasis Treatment
The primary psoriasis treatment in Ayurveda involves Panchakarma Therapies that include plant-based remedies and dietary changes. The Panchakarma Treatment includes:
- Covering the entire body in a paste of medicine and mud
- Consuming ghee (pure)
- Dripping medicated buttermilk on a person's head
- Performing medicated enemas
- Purging and vomiting
Some Other psoriasis cures in Ayurveda are:
- Turmeric to reduce inflammation, redness, and swelling.
- Garlic and onions to purify the blood.
- Neem energizes the immune system and purifies the blood.
- Black nightshade juice to reduce inflammation.
- Indian frankincense or Boswellia is quite useful in inflammation reduction and strengthening the immune system.
- The paste of the jasmine flower really helps in reducing inflammation and itching.
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is an immune-mediated disease that results in scaly patches and red signs on the skin. It is related to several serious health conditions like heart disease, depression, and diabetes. It is a Chronic Autoimmune Condition that results in the rapid build-up of skin cells.
Some common examples of Psoriasis Disease are inflammation and redness around the scales. If a rash appears on the skin and doesn’t go away, you should contact your doctor as soon as possible.
The sped-up skin healing process also occurs because of this disease. As per a study, approximately 7.4 million people suffer from this disease. Generally, the disease occurs in the early stage of adulthood and affects either a few or all major parts of the body.
Prognosis and Diagnosis of Psoriasis
Psoriasis is not a life-threatening disease but it definitely causes a lot of discomfort and pain. It is a chronic systemic inflammatory disease that is incurable. Itchy and patchy skin can lead to significant pain and self-esteem issues. By a long shot, the patient's satisfaction is influenced most by plaque psoriasis.
As psoriasis is visual to other people, it is difficult to deal with. It may take a toll on one’s mood, self-confidence, and mental state. There is a higher chance of depression & anxiety.
In order to examine Psoriasis Disease, there are two treatments. The doctor usually diagnoses by seeing your medical history and examining your skin, scalp, and nails. In another way, the doctor may take a small sample of your skin(biopsy) to determine the psoriasis types.
- Physical Examination
Most specialists can make an analysis with a straightforward physical test. Symptoms of psoriasis are normally clear and simple to recognize from different conditions.
During this test, make sure you have demonstrated your primary care physician in all regions of concern. Likewise, let your primary care doctor know whether any relatives have this condition or not.
If the symptoms are unclear or in case the physician wants to confirm the diagnosis, they can take a small sample of skin. This process is called a biopsy.
The sample of the skin is sent to an observatory where it’ll be analyzed under the magnifying instrument. The examination can analyze the sort of psoriasis that you have.
Causes of Psoriasis
The Psoriasis Disease can change your skin into type-A overachievers. Many scientists assume that something sets off in the immune system. There is no particular reason available until now, but mostly it is a combination of genetics and triggers.
Skin cells grow at an exponential rate leading to the development of Psoriasis Lesions.
- Immune System
Psoriasis is an interaction between your immune system and your skin. It means it is difficult to know which one causes psoriasis and the effects of this disease. It is an autoimmune condition that involves the body attacking itself. In Psoriasis, a kind of WBCs (White Blood Cells), the T Cells start attacking the skin cells.
- In a normal body, white platelets or WBCs are deployed to attack and destroy harmful microorganisms and fight infections. This mixed-up assault causes the skin cell generation procedure to go at a higher rate. The sped-up skin cell generation makes a new cell grow very rapidly. These skin cells are pushed to the surface of the skin where they gather and result in plaques related to psoriasis. The attack on the skin cell is also responsible to cause red, inflamed areas of skin to develop.
- Genetics: Researchers found a rare gene mutation that is linked to psoriasis. The gene mutation is known as CARDA14 and it is bound to create psoriasis. If you have a close relative with the skin condition, your hazard for creating psoriasis is higher. Roughly 2-3% of individuals with the quality build up the condition, as indicated by the National Psoriasis Foundation (NPF).
Symptoms of Psoriasis
The psoriasis symptoms are completely depended on the type of psoriasis you have. The main symptoms include crusty patches, flaky that may have shiny scales covering them. They are additionally prone to cause a serious tingling sensation. Some other symptoms include:
- Thick pitted nails
- Dry skin that may crack and bleed
- Red, raised, inflamed patches on the skin
- Painful, swollen joints
- Plaques of scales on the scalp
- Soreness around patches
- Plaques or Whitish-silver colour scales over the red patches.
- Itching and burning sensations around patches
Why Choose Us For Effective Psoriasis Treatment?
We provide preventive measurement steps that guide the psoriasis treatment in Ayurveda. Psoriasis medicines in Ayurveda not only help in curing the disease but also prevent other body disorders to create a better state of health & well being. At Prakash Nethralaya & Panchakarma Kendra, we have the best Ayurvedic skin specialists, equipment, and infrastructure. In the last decade, more than 50, 000 patients discovered the lasting effects and relief of Ayurvedic treatment at Prakash Nethralaya & Panchakarma Kendra. We look forward to sharing the light of Ayurveda with all those looking for permanent relief from general, eye, and skin diseases.
Home Remedies for Psoriasis
Along with psoriasis treatment in Ayurveda, there are a few home remedies that might help in speeding up the treatment procedure:
- Take 15-20 sesame seeds and soak in a glass of water for the whole night. Make a routine to drink this water empty stomach every morning.
- Change the banana leaf you use to cover the sore every day.
- Take care of your skin and scalp
- Use moisturizing lotions
- Avoid scrapes, cuts, bumps, and infections
- Keep away from medications that cause flare-ups
- Use a Humidifier
- Avoid dry, cold weather
- Avoid sleeping in afternoons
- Do not control natural urges like urination, vomiting, bowels, etc.
- psoriasis food to avoid is curds, radish, sesame, jaggery (gur) and other sour foods.
- After a heavy workout, don't take a cold water bath immediately.
- Eat the food as per the limit.