Scabies Treatment in Ayurveda
Get complete relief from Itching & Rashes in Scabies with Ayurvedic Treatment & Panchakarma Procedures
Consult for your disease now
Prakash Ayurveda is the best skin hospital for ayurvedic treatment of Scabies and other skin diseases. Get your skin disorder treated with Ayurveda.
What is Scabies?
Scabies skin disease is one of the several skin conditions characterized by reddishness and itchy skin which is highly contagious from person to person. It is a skin disorder that is caused by Sarcoptes scabies, a microscopic mite of eight-legged. Scabies is highly contagious and easily spreads from person to person through physical contact.
However. People of all ages may suffer from this and it doesn’t matter what their socioeconomic status and living situation are.
Scabies often occurs in young adult and children with an outbreak in child facilities. It has been estimated that about 300 million cases occur each year throughout the world. Scabies treatment India is available now and we can tackle this with scabies treatment in ayurveda.
Types of Scabies
There’s only one type of mite that causes scabies infiltration. This mite is called Sarcoptes scabies. However, these mites can cause several types of infestations such as:
- Typical scabies - This type is the most common of scabies skin disease. It causes an itchy rash on the hands, wrists, and other common spots.
- Nodular scabies - This type of scabies may develop as itchy, raised bumps or lumps, especially in the genital areas, armpits, or groin.
- Norwegian scabies - Some people with scabies may develop severe form known as Norwegian scabies or crusted scabies. This is a more severe and extremely contagious type of scabies. People with crusted scabies develop thick crusts of skin that contain thousands of mites and eggs.
Diagnosis of Scabies
To diagnose scabies, your skin is examined by your doctor to find out the signs of mites, which include characteristic burrows. After locating a mite burrow, a scraping of that particular area may be taken by your doctor to examine it under a microscope. This process can determine the presence of the mite.
A scabies ink test (or Burrow Ink Test) can also help to spot burrowed paths in your skin created by the mites. To do this test, your doctor can drop ink from a fountain pen onto an area of the skin that appears to be infested. They then wipe away the ink.
Causes of Scabies
After burrowing under the skin, the female scabies mite burrows under your skin and prepare a tunnel where it lays eggs. Once they are hatched, the larvae move and spread to the surface across the body or to another person through close physical contact. There are no exact researched scabies causes as such but here are some of the most likely people to become infested with mites include:
- Children attending daycare or school
- Parents of young children
- Sexually active young adults and people with multiple sexual partners
- Residents of extended care facilities
- Older adults
- People who are less immune, including those with HIV/AIDS transplant recipients and others on immunosuppressant medications.
Scabies is highly contagious and its risk factors include the following:
- Sexual contact
- Skin to skin contact
- Sharing clothes, sheets, and towels
Also, there are some places scabies can quickly spread include:
- Rehab facilities
- Conjured nursing homes
Signs and Symptoms of Scabies
Scabies symptoms and signs include:
- Itching: One of the very primary scabies symptoms is severe itching. This is often worse at night and can be severe and intense
- Rash: The burrows can typically appear in between the folds of skin. Thin and irregular burrow tracks can be seen with tiny blisters and bumps on your skin.
- Sores: These scabies symptoms occur in infested areas where a person has scratched at the part of the skin. Open sores of the skin may lead to impetigo, which is generally caused by secondary infection with staphylococcus aureus.
If you see any symptoms like that, then get your scabies treatment in ayurveda now!!
Scabies Treatment in Ayurveda
According to Ayurveda Scabies can be correlated to Pama. According to ayurveda the pama or scabies are caused by vitiation of Kapha dosha and Pitta dosha. The main scabies treatment in ayurveda will be:
- To purify the blood and bring out the toxins from the bloodstream.
- Locally to reduce the symptoms like itching and blisters.
Various ayurvedic therapies used to treat scabies are:
- Nasya (Nasal congestion) – The nose is the doorway to the brain and it is also the pathway to the inner pharmacy. Nasya is the nasal administration of medicaments.The excess of toxins accumulated in the throat, sinus, nose, and head are eliminated through the nose which is the nearest possible opening.This scabies treatment in ayurveda is done to remove various toxins accumulated in the body by the means of the nose to cure the scabies skin disease. Medications that are instilled through the nasal passage affect the mind. Vata, pitta, kapha, and dhatu.
- Rakta Moksha - This scabies treatment in ayurveda is a traditional ayurvedic method for purification and cleansing of the blood. The toxins present in the gastrointestinal tract and abdomen are absorbed into the blood and circulated throughout the body. This condition is called toxemia, which is the basic cause of repeated infections and repeated attacks of skin disorders such as urticaria, rashes, eczema, acne, scabies, leukoderma, etc. In all these conditions, the elimination of toxins and cleansing and purification of the blood is importantly required along with internal medication.
Scabies natural treatment or remedies are often not recommended.
However, scabies natural treatments, such as tea tree and neem oils, somehow have been shown to treat scabies. It is therefore advisable to visit a doctor and ask for a prescription to cure for scabies disease.
- Aloe vera – Use this gel over the affected area of skin as it is known for its ability to ease skin irritation and burning, but a small study found that aloe vera was just as successful as a prescription treatment at treating scabies.
- Essential oils - Clove oil is a natural bug killer, so it acts as a great scabies natural treatment where mites might die in its presence. Other essential oils, including lavender, lemongrass, and nutmeg, could have some benefit in treating scabies skin disease.
- Turmeric – Few pieces of evidence support the effectiveness of turmeric in treating scabies. However, some people claim that it is effective in alleviating the symptoms.
Try these scabies home treatment. This will help in scabies cure.
Preventions for Scabies
To prevent the spreading of scabies skin disease, Some scabies preventions are as follows:
- Proper dry-cleaning and washing of all towels and clothes are required. When washing, use hot water and dry on high heat.
- The items which cannot be washed to be placed in a sealed plastic bag for several days to kill the mite.
- Sterilize the entire home on the day treatment is initiated, including carpets, rugs, etc, and discard the bag or thoroughly clean the vacuum's canister.